Paul Polman, CEO Unilever winner of the PRIX VOLTAIRE INTERNATIONAL
On the 9th of November 2018 the prestigious Prix Voltaire International award ceremony took place at the Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin in the Netherlands.
The Business University of Nyenrode established the shortlist of contenders. The criteria the nominees needed to meet are partly based on United Nation’s 17 sustainable goals. An independent, international jury composed of four members awarded mr. Paul Polman the winner of the Prix Voltaire International.
The jury members are:
• Mrs. Debra Benton, an American coach of CEO’s and author of several books and articles on management;
• Mr. Jaap de Hoop Scheffer, Minister of State and former Secretary-General of NATO;
• Mr. Mervyn King, the South African chairman of the King Committee on Corporate Governance and President for life of Operation Hunger;
• Mrs. Melanie Schultz van Haegen, former minister of transport, infrastructure and water management and the current CEO of Porticus.
According to the jury mister Polman represents the values of the Prix Voltaire International. His “Unilever’s sustainable living strategy” which he presented in 2010, seemed unrealistic to accomplish at that time. As a ‘Friendly Fighter For Future-proof Fundamentals' he proofed the critics wrong.
Reached targets are:
- Today the majority of Unilever’s resources are sustainable
- More than 100 Unilever factories worldwide are using 100% renewable energy, which forms a total of 65% of the total energy use.
- Unilever helped more than 600 million people to improve their health and personal hygiene
Due to the fact that a multinational like Unilever can reach many people the initiated changes by Paul Polman have a great impact.
The Prix Voltaire International encourages ‘Friendly Fighters’ to continue to pursue their dream and vision to make the world Future Proof.
: Unilever CEO Paul Polman interviewed by his son Sebastian on Huffington Post's 'Talk to Me”
NOTE: Publication of these pictures by third parties is only permitted in relation to the event Prix Voltaire International 2018 and with notification of the photgrapher: Monique van Reisen | de Juttershut Fotografie.